Dorothy’s Petcare,’ a long-standing, reputable, Upper West side dog walking, day care and boarding service is looking for a dog walker.
At the present time, we have an immediate open position. We’re definitely looking for someone with prior professional dog walking experience. However, if you have no professional experience as of yet, in order for us to consider your application, it is imperative that you are specifically interested in pursuing working in the industry of dog care. If you’re interested and you have a passion for dogs and feel that you’d be a good candidate for this position, please fill out and submit your application below. Please also make sure to answer All the questions on the “Application Form”. PLEASE do not leave anything out. If we feel you meet the requirements after we review your application, we will most surely contact you via email. All questions pertaining to rate of pay, specific job description, training, work hours, etc., will be answered and discussed over the phone.
- First and foremost, applicants must be true dog lovers and have a passion to work with dogs. (One of the most important requirements for this job!)
- Must be naturally comfortable and outwardly affectionate, gentle and patient with animals.
- Must be totally comfortable with dogs of all sizes in general and the handling and being in control of at two to least three dogs at one time.
- Professional experience in the dog care industry is preferred. However, if you have no experience, you must have a natural and obvious connection with dogs and a willingness along with the availability of time it requires to learn our specific skills and style of caring for dogs.
- Must be physically able and energetic. This is definitely not a job for a person who is uncomfortable moving, bending or walking very briskly.
- Must be responsible, reliable, and punctual. (Staying on schedule and showing up on time for work and according to how the walks are scheduled is imperative. Our clients and their dogs rely on us to be on time. Having practiced this with great commitment is once again another of the key reasons we’ve been so successful for the past twenty six years.)
- Must have a pleasant and approachable personality. (People skills and an open and friendly attitude is a winning formula since we deal with people on a daily basis as well as dogs.)
- You MUST be able to handle being in hot/humid and/or cold/wet weather and not mind getting wet and a little dirty at times. If you have any issues with this at all, PLEASE DO NOT apply for this job.
- Must have a neat and clean appearance. Great hygiene and wearing clothes that are not worn out are a must for this job.
- Manhattan residents preferred for this job; however, depending on your commute into Manhattan, we will consider your application.
- Must be fully and completely fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing).
- Must be comfortable and willing to submit to a full background check once you are considered a potential employee. (Please Note: This process will require you to sign written permission in order for us to do the back-round check. We will supply all paperwork)
- Must have proof of U.S. citizenship or proof of legal status to live and work in the U.S. available upon request.
- Must own some type of current up to date smart phone device that is able to group text, send and receive emails and get onto the internet on a daily basis wherever and whenever necessary when cellular data service is available. This is non-negotiable. We can and will explain at the appropriate time.
- Must supply two current and very clear photos available to email us as soon as possible if and when we contact you to set up an interview.
- LAST BUT NOT LEAST — PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone who truly needs a job, truly wants to work and is comfortable, available and willing to commit to this position. A longer term commitment is preferred. The required time commitment for this job is at least 6 to 9 months. A longer stay is welcomed and if all are happy, definitely encouraged.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FILL OUT ALL FIELDS.
APPLICATIONS NOT COMPLETELY FILLED OUT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.