Our new location at 421 Manhattan Avenue here in New York City is now open. At the present time, we have an immediate open position for a dog walker. As far as the dog handler part of the position, we’re definitely looking for someone with prior professional dog care experience. If you have no professional experience as of yet, in order for us to consider your application, it is very important that you are specifically interested in pursuing working in the industry of dog care. If you’re interested and you feel that you’d be a good candidate for this position, please fill out and submit your application below. Please also make sure to answer all the questions on the “Application Form”. Please do not leave anything out.
If we feel you meet the requirements after we review your application, we will most surely contact you via email. All questions pertaining to rate of pay, specific job description, training, work hours, etc., will be discussed over the phone.
VERY IMPORTANT!!! >>> PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB IF:
Your lifestyle requires you to complete other obligations Monday through Friday between 10:00am and 6:00pm or if you are currently in or planning on enrolling in school and your scheduled classes inhibit you from committing regularly to these work hours and days.
- First and foremost, applicants must be true dog lovers and have a passion to work with dogs. (Please be truly honest about this; it will be obvious to us very quickly.)
- Must be naturally comfortable and outwardly affectionate, gentle and patient with animals.
- Must be totally comfortable with dogs of all sizes in general and the handling of several dogs inside a playroom at one time.
- Professional experience in the dog care industry is preferred. Especially as a dog handler. However, if you have no experience, you must have a natural and obvious connection with dogs and a willingness along with the availability of time it requires to learn our specific skill and style of dog care .
- Must be physically able and energetic. This is definitely not a job for a person who is uncomfortable moving, bending or walking very quickly.
- Must be responsible, reliable, and punctual. (Staying on schedule and showing up on time for work and according to how the walks and day care dog load are scheduled is imperative. Our clients and their dogs rely on this. Having practiced this with great commitment is once again another of the key reasons we’ve been so successful for the past twenty two years.)
- Must have a pleasant and approachable personality. (People skills and an open and friendly attitude is a must since we deal with people on a daily basis as well as dogs.)
- You MUST be able to handle being in hot/humid and cold/wet weather and not mind getting wet and a little dirty at times. If you have any issues with this at all, PLEASE DO NOT apply for this job.
- Must have a neat and clean appearance. (Though we might get wet and a little dirty at times, clean untorn clothes, nails, hair, etc., is of the utmost importance since we deal with clients and other people on a daily basis.) You must also be comfortable wearing company attire whenever you are working. Our company attire consists of T shirts, hoodies, fall jackets and caps. Everything is worn according to how the weather is at the time.
- Manhattan residents preferred for this job; however, depending on your commute into Manhattan, we will consider your application.
- Must be completely fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing).
- Must be comfortable and willing to submit to a full background check once you are considered a potential employee. (Please Note: This process will require you to sign written permission in order for us to do the back-round check. We will supply all paperwork and we will also supply a copy for you to keep)
- Must have proof of U.S. citizenship or proof of legal status in the U.S. available upon request.
- Must own some type of current up to date smart device as well as your phone to be able to send and receive emails and get onto the internet on a daily basis whenever necessary. We will explain later.
- Must own an IPhone 8 or equivalent? It must be a smart phone or a high ended android phone capable of group texting and going onto the internet whether inside or outside with absolutely no complications as long as basic cell tower and cellular data service is available. This level and type of phone is an absolute must for this job. This is non-negotiable.
- Must supply two current and very clear photos available to email us as soon as possible if and when we contact you to set up an interview.
- LAST BUT NOT LEAST — PLEASE NOTE: This is definitely not a Summer job or a job that one may acquire for the holidays for a month or two. It is a serious commitment and a great opportunity for anyone who has a passion working with dogs. We are looking for someone who truly needs a job and is comfortable, available and willing to commit to this position long term. The required time commitment for this job is 9 months to a year and that is non-negotiable. A longer stay is welcomed and if all are happy, definitely encouraged.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FILL OUT ALL FIELDS.
APPLICATIONS NOT COMPLETELY FILLED OUT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.